Another Way To Clone 9 1 Production To Dev Test
Here is another way to clone 9.1 from a production server to a dev/test server.
Overview of the clone process:
- Prepare all environments - all environments on same patch level, everything backed up, database and app servers.
- Export production database schema to a zipped file
- Export dev/test resource information to an XML file or other methods.
- Delete dev/test database schema
- Import production database into dev/test instance
- Copy the database key file
- Scrub sensitive production data (if you don't do this your dev/test system will provision production resources)
- Import dev/test resource information into environment.
- Start app dev/test server and verify
More details to come…
page revision: 0, last edited: 28 Oct 2011 01:53